Medicines from the Earth Herb Symposium, Black Mountain, NC, May 29 – June 1, 2015
• Early childhood development as a basis for mental health
• The gut/brain connection and the microbiome
• Ayurvedic prevention and treatment of skin disorders
• Managing panic disorders with botanicals
• Omega-3s and mental health
• Botanical influences on neurotransmitters and effects on mental health
• The cytokine connection to insomnia
• Plant walks, medicine-making demonstrations, panel discussions
Pre-conference intensives May 29:Using Botanicals to Address the Link between Stress and Cancer Risk/Morbidity with Donald Yance. Ethnobotanical Field Study with David Winston.
Herbal experts also include : 7Song, Mary Bove, Jerry Cott, Walter Crinnion, Doug Elliott, Steven Johnson, Robin McGee, Kenneth Proefrock, Dr. Shubhangee Satam from Mumbai, India, Jill Stansbury, and Elizabeth Sustick. Early bird registrationApril 17.Info 541-482-3016 or www.botanicalmedicine.org.