2021 Theme: Forests and Community
From forest bathing to carbon sequestration, we know our future and that of medicinal plants depend on healthy forests. Science is just beginning to unravel how forest ecosystems communicate, demonstrating that forests are a functioning community of resource sharing that depends on a sophisticated interconnected network of mutual collaboration. In many ways, the vibrant community of plant savers is a reflection of this mycelium energy that empowers social and ecological reciprocity and resilience.
This year we are highlighting the work of our members in the Journal of Medicinal Plant Conservation.
- We would like to share stories related to the theme of forests and community.
- We would like to highlight recent books and accomplishments by members.
- We would like to include creative ways members are sharing plant knowledge via classes, podcasts, zines, poems, art & photography.
- We do not sell advertising space in our Journal but members can submit an ad for your school, zine, podcast, or other creative plant-based activity – at no charge – using the form below.
- We also welcome stories from our many program participants – Partners in Education, Forest Farmers enrolled in the Forest Grown Verified program, Deep Ecology Art Fellows, Botanical Sanctuary Network, and Sacred Seeds Gardens.
- The deadline for submissions is January 31st, 2021.
- Display ads should measure 1080px x 1080px (standard square size for Instagram).
- Artwork and photography should be saved as original size, high-resolution JPG files. Please rename each file with a short caption and image credit as it should appear in print.
- Articles should be saved as MS Word or Google Doc format. If articles include any inserted images, you should also attach the original images as separate files so they will print clearly (high-resolution JPGs or PNGs please).