The Education Guide is intended to provide both curriculum information on the “At Risk” plants and sustainable use of medicinal herbs generally as well as valuable advice on event planning from a garden club talk to a Planting the Future-type conference. In short, the Education Guide is a wonderful resource for anyone interested in giving a presentation on native medicinal plants. Many pages and sections of the Guide can be copied for use as handouts.
- Paragraphs on each of the “at risk” plants including the reasons each is considered at risk, botanical and medicinal information.
- Handout-formatted “at risk” and “to watch” lists.
- Sustainable use of herbal medicine / wildcrafting guidelines.
- Section on giving a presentation on native medicinal plant conservation.
- Information on Partners in Education, the Botanical Sanctuary Network and other projects
- Section of resources like books, journals, websites and other organizations.