Benefits of becoming a member of the Botanical Sanctuary Network include:
- A beautiful sign with the UpS logo to place at the entrance to your Sanctuary, signifying this as a UpS Botanical Sanctuary, along with an additional weatherproof sign that designates the property as a Sanctuary being used for plant research and educational purposes.
- Priority Consideration for UpS Community Grants. Our Community Grants award $200-$500 dollars for community projects involving at-risk plant restoration and preservation. Sanctuary members are given first priority. Learn more here.
- Botanical Sanctuary Resource Guide which includes where to order botanical signs for medicine trails, sources of grants and funding raising, useful books and information sources, etc.
- Listing on the UpS Website.
- Opportunities to promote classes and workshops at your Sanctuary on our website and/or social media channels. Event details and supporting images should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Opportunities to publish your sanctuary story on our website and in our annual Journal of Medicinal Plant Conservation. Articles and supporting images (high res JPG files) should be emailed to email@example.com. Submissions should include:
- Member’s Full Name
- Member’s Email
- Members Phone
- Sanctuary Name
- Website/URL (if applicable)
- Attach individual print-quality logo and photos (high resolution JPG files) as desired.
- Attach a separate document with your story
Please review all the criteria below before submitting an application.
To apply for UpS Botanical Sanctuary status, individuals and/or groups need to meet the following criteria:
- Be a current UpS member (at any level of membership) and continue to maintain membership to remain in the BSN network.
- Submit a one-time fee of $150*
- Have a passion for learning and conserving medicinal plants!
(*Requests to waive the fee of $150 will be considered for community-based projects where funding is difficult to acquire or if the applicant expresses a need for financial assistance, we do not want anyone to be deterred from joining based on financial obstacles. If this applies to you email firstname.lastname@example.org.)