Holistic Nurse Clinical Herbalist Author
Susan Clearwater is a holistic nurse and clinical herbalist in private practice since 1993. Holistic nursing addresses the underlying causes of physical and psychological diseases, and recognizes the healing or destructive influences that thoughts and emotions have on the physical body. Susan’s intention is to empower people with knowledge and practices necessary to take charge and optimize their health, vitality, and inner calm.
Highlighting the holistic perspective and wisdom in healing the whole person, medicinal herbs are examined through a broad-spectrum lens, beginning with their uses and mythology in ancient cultures to modern scientific research with identification of their chemical components. A comprehensive study of 50 herbs in the Materia Medica includes their medicinal uses, cultivation, preparation of remedies for internal and external healing, dosages, and safety precautions.
Learn how to:
- Grow and harvest medicinal herbs
- Dry and store roots, leaves, and flowers
- Make a variety of herbal preparations including teas, salves, tinctures, poultices, pills, eyewash, nasal sprays, and more
- Safely and effectively use herbs to maintain optimal health and respond to illness
- Create your own botanical sanctuary